With Bury Town bagging six wins from their last seven games their impressive recent form has moved them to 8th in the league.

Bury Town’s latest big win, a 5-0 win over New Salamis, saw an incredible five different goal scorers which started with Ollie Canfer who got the ball rolling when on 10 minutes some slick give and go passing from Max Maughn and Oliver Yun delivered the perfect cross into the box for Ollie Canfer to head home with Bury’s first attempt on goal.
New Salamis had had most of the ball up to this point. After 16 minutes New Salamis had a chance to pull level when Ibrahim Kehinde put his shot just over the bar. On 26 minutes Tom Thulborn got down the wing for Bury and brought the ball to the edge of the box but his cross was blocked by Ange Djadja.
A minute later Bury won a corner which Max Maughn sent into the box resulting in Lewis O’Malley’s glancing header finding the back of the net to double the lead for Bury. Cemal Ramadan had a chance for Bury on 31 minutes when Luke Brown got into the box and found him with a good pass but the ‘keeper made the save at the far post.
On 43 minutes a beautiful route one ball from out of defence by Lewis O’Malley found Cemal Ramadan on the edge of the box and his superb half volley flew past the ‘keeper and into the back of the net to give the Blues a 3-0 lead.
In stoppage time New Salamis had a chance when they won a free kick which was sent into the box but Albert Adu could only head his effort over the bar.

Half Time: New Salamis 0 Bury Town 3

Bury had an early chance in the opening period of the second half, with Tom Thulborn shooting just wide of the far post on 47 minutes.
New Salamis went on the attack on 50 minutes with Micah Jackson putting a good cross into the box but Ibrahim Kehinde headed over the bar.
On 55 minutes Ethan Mayhew went on a long run forward and found space to shoot from distance which was saved well by Reuben Rabstein. On 56 minutes Tom Thulborn took a run at the defence and got through to find Luke Brown on the edge of the box and his powerful blasted shot at goal hit defender Ange Djadja who almost certainly stopped another goal for Bury.
Luke Brown’s next effort on goal proved more fruitful when he put Bury four goals up on 66 minutes with a low driven strike through a crowded box and into the bottom corner.
New Salamis went to within an inch of pulling a goal back on 70 minutes when Ryan Horne cleared the ball off the goal line. On 77 minutes a good attack from Bury started by Tom Thulborn and continued by Cemal Ramadan led to Luke Brown collecting the ball in the box but a poor challenge by the defender sent him to ground for a possible penalty which was not given and Max Maughn shot wide from the loose ball.
In added time Tom Thulborn broke down the wing and into the box and his flighted ball squeezed over the ‘keeper who got a hand to the ball but was unable to stop it from finding the top corner of the net.
Bury took the win in a game where they were lethal in front of goal and with five different scores, the goals coming from defence, midfield and attackers, the Blues now look a formidable opponent for any team in the league.

Leave a Reply