Firefighters rescued three people from a fire at a restaurant with flats above on Ballards Lane in Finchley

 Four fire engines and around 25 firefighters attended the incident. Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus led two adults and a child to safety from a flat above the restaurant via an internal staircase. Part  of the of the ground floor of the property was damaged by the blaze and most of the ducting from the ground to roof was  damaged. 

 The Brigade was called at 1908 and the fire was under control by 2055. Fire crews from  Finchley and Hendon fire stations were in attendance.

 The cause of the fire is believed to be from grease build up in the kitchen ducting igniting in the extraction system.

Leave a Reply