The Bees made it three wins on the trot as a superb second half showing was enough to secure the points against Aldershot Town.

After a cagey opening 45 minutes, two early second half strikes from Mason-Clark and Wes Fonguck gave Darren Currie’s men a comfortable cushion.

A solid defensive display meant it was two home clean sheets on the spin, in a confidence boosting victory at The Hive, London.

 In the early exchanges Ricardo Santos made a superb block to deny Ethan Chislett as he struck just inside the area.

The Bees struggled to really get going in the opening 15 minutes, as the buoyant visitors started quickly following their win over Stockport in their previous match.

Midway through the half and it was Currie’s side who made the next opening, as Mason-Clark slipped in Fonguck but his shot was well saved by Mitch Walker. Seconds later it was Fonguck again but he couldn’t get the better of the Shots number one.

There was plenty of endeavour from the Bees but the final ball massively let them down in the opening 45, as they looked to build on back to back wins.

At the other end Shields’ effort was brilliantly blocked at the end of the half, as the visitors tried to assert themselves at the end of the half.

That was the final opportunity of a half that lacked any cutting edge on a chilly autumn evening in North London.

Currie opted to bring on new signing Alfie Pavey at the break as he replaced Josh Walker. Just three minutes into the second half the Bees had the lead as Mason-Clark broke through and fired into the back of the net.

In response the Shots came inches away from an immediate response as Powell struck a decent free-kick from 30 yards out, leaving Loach scrambling across goal.

Just eight minutes later the Bees had a second of the evening, a whipped in ball was headed clear as far as Fonguck who curled an inch perfect strike into the top corner. It was superb strike and sent the Bee Army into delight after a fast start to second half.

With twenty minutes to go the Shots should have halved the deficit but Harrison Panayiotou slotted wide from six yards after the ball fell to him kindly.

The bar was rattled up the other end as Fonguck lifted the ball over Walker on the rebound, after Akinola broke into the area and saw his shot saved. The Bees were scintillating to watch at times in the second period, as their confidence grew following the goals.

J Taylor saw a long distance effort fly over the bar, as the Irishman looked to add the icing on the Bees cake.

The win means Currie’s men head to Halifax in good form as they will look to gain a positive result on the road against a promotion rival.

A further three points sees the Bees climb to fifth in the Vanarama National League, with still only one defeat to their name.

Leave a Reply