An electrical fault in a washing machine is believed to be the cause of a house fire on Cheshire Road in Wood Green.
Part of a kitchen of the mid-terraced house was damaged by fire. The remainder of the kitchen was damaged by smoke. Two people left the property before the arrival of the Brigade. There were no reported injuries.
The Brigade was called at 1644 and the fire was under control by 1702. Fire crews from Southgate and Hornsey fire stations attended the scene.
Nearly one fire a day in London involves white goods – that’s tumble dryers, dishwashers, washing machines, fridges and freezers. Most are caused by faults beyond your control. Our Total Recalls campaign aims to make it easier for people to protect themselves from potentially lethal faulty appliances.