What are your budget priorities for Haringey Council? You have less than two weeks to tell us. Since 2010 we have lost around 40% of our budget in real terms because of Government cuts to our funding. We have already saved around £160 million, employing 45% fewer staff and occupying 12 fewer buildings but we need to save more money over the next two years.
Before making any decisions, we need your help. What areas of council spend would you protect and what areas are less important to you?
So far more than 500 people told us their spending priorities since 24 October. The closing date for comments is Sunday 20 November.
Cllr Jason Arthur, Cabinet Member for Finance and Health, said: “We are facing incredibly tough decisions about how we spend taxpayers money. Therefore we want to hear from as many people as possible about what is important to you.”
You can find out more and have your say in three ways:
- Going online and complete a quick questionnaire
- Popping down to any one of Haringey’s nine libraries and complete a budget questionnaire
- Come to one of our events below:
- Wednesday 9 November, 1pm to 4pm Marcus Garvey Library, Philip Lane, Tottenham
- Saturday 12 November, 11am – 2pm The Mall, Wood Green
- Tuesday 15 November, 4pm to 7pm Hornsey Library – Haringey Park
- Thursday 17 November 1pm to 4pm Tottenham Outside Costa Coffee, High Road, junction with West Green Road, Tottenham