A teenager who brutally attacked, robbed and raped two strangers in broad daylight has been jailed today Friday, 7 October at Wood Green Crown Court.


Dylan McDonald, 19 (21.07.97) of St Anne’s Road, Tottenham, N15 was sentenced to life imprisonment to serve a minimum of ten years, having been convicted of four counts of rape; two counts of robbery; one count of causing grievous bodily harm and one count of actual bodily harm.


The court heard how McDonald, who was 18 at the time of the horrific attacks, targeted his first victim, a woman aged in her early 50s, as she was on her way home from work.


McDonald approached her at 14:30hrs on Friday, 11 March 2016 on Southey Road, N15 and held a knife against her, using it to force her to nearby stairwell where he stole her two mobile phones, camera and watch. He then demanded sex and raped the woman at knifepoint twice.


After the sexual attacks, McDonald repeatedly punched the terrified woman in the face before fleeing the scene. The woman then raised the alarm and was taken to hospital where she was treated for her injuries.


Three days later, McDonald attacked his second victim, a woman who was aged in her early 30s who had gone for a walk in the park grounds at Alexandra Palace on Monday, 14 March.


McDonald had cycled towards her before 16:00hrs and produced a 30cm knife. He then grabbed her and demanded her rucksack. The victim was terrified and struggled to remove her rucksack, McDonald then became impatient and stabbed her in the leg. As she fell to the ground in pain, McDonald removed her watch and took her mobile phone, money and house keys. As she lay injured, he then proceeded to drag the woman into the undergrowth where he raped her twice at knifepoint. After contacting police, the woman was taken to hospital where she was treated for her injuries.


Detectives from the Met’s Sexual Offences Exploitation and Child Abuse Command (SOECAC) found that the description of the attacker, knife used and robbery and rape motive closely matched the first incident. McDonald was arrested later on the same day of the second attack at 22:31hrs at his home address in Tottenham.


A substantial amount of evidence was also recovered from his bedroom. This included blood stained clothing and a pair of blood stained jeans which had a tear to the left leg as described by the second victim. The first victim’s stolen property was also found along with two silver kitchen knives.


Forensic tests later matched the blood on one of the knives to the second victim.


McDonald refused to cooperate with investigators and remained silent throughout interview. He was charged in the early hours of the 16 March. McDonald had no previous convictions, just the one caution.


Despite the overwhelming evidence against him, McDonald did not plead guilty and subjected both victims to a week long trial before he was found guilty on Tuesday, 26 July at Wood Green Crown Court.


Investigating officer DC Daryl Gibbs of (SOECAC) said: “The victims’s courage and bravery when faced with a truly traumatic experience has resulted in a dangerous offender being brought to justice and removed from the streets of London. In my experience as a detective this amounts to one of the most horrific investigations I have undertaken.”


DI Mark Rogers of (SOECAC) said: “McDonald has shown no remorse and targeted lone females going about their daily lives. It must be noted that stranger rapes are extremely rare and with the strength and determination of the two women this dangerous individual has been brought to justice. He will spend a very long time in prison.”

Leave a Reply