Ahmed Abdulla’s first-half header secure three points for the Bees.

Barnet secured a 0-1 win against Hereford United at Edgar Street to extend their unbeaten run in the Skrill Premier to five matches.
Ahmed Abdulla scored the only goal of the contest on 36 minutes when he powered home his second goal of the season.
Although the Bees failed to add a second they were comfortable throughout with Carl Fletcher impressing on his debut before his was replaced by Mark Byrne who returned from the treatment room.
Barnet created the first real chance of the match when Keanu Marsh-Brown was denied at the near post by goalkeeper Rhys Evans.
Ten minutes later the home side mustered an opportunity of their own when Anthony Acheampong diverted a corner kick just wide of the post.
One minute later the Bees were back on the attack and they should have taken the lead when Keiron Cadogan’s cross was met by Luisma Villa six-yards out but the midfielder fired wide.
On 36 minutes the deadlock was broken when Abulla powered a superb header past Evans and off the underside of the crossbar, Marsh-Brown provided the assist.
Hereford showed very little in the closing stages of the half and Barnet were more than happy to keep the ball and ensure they remained 0-1 up entering the break.
With three minutes played in the second period Villa went close once more as his deflected shot skimmed the post.
Hereford responded with a chance of their own on 54 minutes when Ross Dyer’s scuffed shot was saved at the near post by Graham Stack.
On 58 minutes Mark Byrne entered the fray to replace Fletcher who enjoyed a quiet yet effective debut in the heart of the Bees’ midfield.
Nine minutes later a moment of magic from Dan Walker almost saw Hereford equalise as the forward sent a 30-yard volley inches wide of the post with Stack rooted to the spot.
The Bees could have sealed the points soon after when Marsh-Brown sent a stunning ball across the face the goal where Cadogan was unable to provide the finishing touch.
With just over 20 minutes remaining Marciano Mengerink replaced Dani Lopez and the Dutchman should have scored five minutes later when Marsh-Brown found him unmarked eight-yards from goal and his touch let him down.
Neither side created anything of note in the final 15 minutes but the Bees won’t care and they will enjoy the trip home with three points in the bag.


Leave a Reply