rnet maintained their unbeaten start to the 2013/14 season with a  1-1 draw against Nuneaton Town.

Town also remain unbeaten but the Bees were superior throughout and deserved the win.

Jake Hyde opened the scoring on 16 minutes but despite their dominance they were pegged back just before half-time.

Barnet made an excellent start to the match and it continued throughout the course of the 90 minutes.

With just three minutes played Andy Yiadom smashed the ball across goal where Mark Byrne almost connected before Keanu Marsh-Brown saw his cross blocked.

Six minutes later Mark Byrne split the Nuneaton defence with a stunning pass but Marsh-Brown’s low shot was blocked away for a corner.

On 13 minutes the winger should have won a penalty when he was seemingly clipped by Wayne Barrat but the referee waved play on.

That didnt stop the Bees however and they took the lead on 16 minutes when Luke Gambin burst past his man and crossed to Hyde who tapped the ball into the empty net.

Edgar Davids’ side continued to dominate and they threatened to extend their lead on more than one occasion.

First, Curtis Weston tried his luck from range but was just off target before Dimitar Evtimov denied Marsh-Brown with a stunning save after the winger cut inside and smashed the ball towards goal.

With the half edging towards a close and the Bees well on top there only looked like being one winner but with just two minutes remaining until the break Nuneaton equalised through Andy Brown who bundled the ball in from close range.

The equaliser breathed fresh life into the away side but Gambin had the first chance of the half when his free-kick was awkwardly punched away by Evtimov.

The away side responded with their best spell of the game and  it would have been rewarded had it not been for David Stephens and Weston who threw their bodies in the way of Nuneaton shots.

Harry Crawford and Marciano Mengerink were both introduced in the closing stages, with the latter firing against the side netting, but neither side could find a winner meaning it ended Barnet 1-1 Nuneaton Town.

Leave a Reply