Firefighters are urging Londoners to take care when refilling their petrol-powered lawn mowers after four fire engines and around 25 firefighters were called to a fire at a range of rear gardens and sheds on Anglesey Road, Enfield.
The fire is believed to have started after the lawn mower was re-filled without using a funnel. Petrol spilt over the machine and ignited when started.
A number of sheds were destroyed by fire. A small section of a railway embankment was also damaged by fire.
Firefighters removed six gas cylinders and cooled them to ambient temperature, as gas cylinders can explode when exposed to heat.
The Brigade was called at 1421 and the fire was under control at 2252. Fire crews from Enfield, Woodford and Walthamstow fire stations attended the scene.